Friday, September 18, 2015

KUD introduction

    What's the Story this year looks like it is going to be awesome.  ...But it will have some challenges, and I won't make it without a problem or two.  One of these things, though I am not sure, I think will be citation.  I have done this in the past, and I have a vague understanding of how to do it, but I don't really have any practice, so it may be a little rough.  Since What's the Story certainly requires citation and giving proper credit, I am going to have to try.  And, hopefully, if I do struggle, every one of the staff will be here to support me.  If I'm having that much trouble, I can ask any time.
     What I do know how to do already, and what I am probably most looking forward to, is the media use throughout the course.  Without consciously or purposefully being flamboyant, I feel I have a good amount of skill in this area:  Over the past few years, I have created several non-professional short films, and two semi-professional stop motion animations, one of which was a commissioned project by a standalone company.  This company has asked me to do another, which I will complete in the next month or so.  This is what I enjoy most, and thus am looking forward heartily towards filmmaking in What's the Story.
     The final prompt is what I think What's the Story is missing in the plan for this year.  ...Honestly, I can't say.  From the list, it looks like there is going to be a balanced combination of awesome, enjoyable things (filming!), and harder work.  Work isn't bad and I do enjoy it, but it is still work, so it may be hard.  Overall, however, I really think this is going to be an awesome year, and I can't wait!

Jack N.

No comments:

Post a Comment